Our treatment for wrinkle relaxers in Perth is also commonly referred to as: wrinkle fillers or skin rejuvenation.
What is a wrinkle relaxer treatment?
Many facial wrinkles occur when we use our muscles to make repeated facial expressions. A treatment involving wrinkle relaxers in Perth is a quick and simple minimally invasive, non- surgical treatment that can reduce the appearance of wrinkles delivering great natural looking results.
What is the wrinkle relaxer treatment made of?
The substance used for this treatment is extracted from bacteria and refined into a medication that is a natural purified protein.
How does the treatment for wrinkle relaxers work?
- Administration of a wrinkle relaxer will block messages from the nerves to the treated muscle. This lack of communication will cause the treated muscle to no longer contract or slow down in its movement.
- Lack of muscle movement under the skin will make the wrinkles relax and soften, creating a smoother rejuvenated and more youthful appearance.
What can a wrinkle relaxer treat?
The treatment involving wrinkle relaxers in Perth has both cosmetic and non-cosmetic indications. The treatment has been used for many years and has an excellent safety profile.
- Vertical frown lines between the eyebrows
- Horizontal lines on the forehead
- Lines around the eyes, commonly referred to as crow’s feet
- Eyebrow shaping and elevation
- Gummy smile
- Lines around the mouth, commonly referred to as smoker’s lines
- Lower face reshaping (square jaws)
- Downward turn of mouth
- Popply chin
- Neck bands
- Excessive sweating
- Teeth grinding and jaw clenching
- Cerebral palsy (we do not treat this at the clinic)
What does the treatment involve?
Pre treatment Consultation
A non-obligatory consultation is provided by one of trained practitioners. This consultation enables you to express your concerns freely and confidentially regarding treatments involving wrinkle relaxers in Perth. Following an assessment and examination a tailored treatment plan will be provided and the most appropriate treatment for you will be discussed.
- The treatment involves a small injection into selected facial muscles using a very fine needle.
- Discomfort is generally minimal and brief, and no anaesthetic is usually required. Should you be particularly worried about discomfort, an anaesthetic cream can be applied prior to the injection.
- The treatment generally takes around 10 minutes and you are presentable to return to work if need be.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- The most important thing is to not massage the area for the next 24 hours. Gentle face washing it fine after the injection. Not massaging the area will keep the wrinkle relaxer in the area is was intended for.
- To assist with bruising you may wish to apply a topical treatment such as arnica or hirudoid cream.
- Avoid the use of skin care containing active ingredients such as retinol vitamin c, glycolic acid, lactic acid, perfumes and colours during the first 24 hours.
- Avoid applying oil based make up during the first 24 hours, mineral make up is fine.
- Avoid facials, waxing, chemical peels, IPL or energy based treatments and microdermabrasion for two weeks after treatment.
Follow Up Appointment
- Once your wrinkle relaxer treatment has been completed, you will be requested to return to the clinic approximately 2 weeks after.
- This is an important part of the treatment process as your practitioner will ensure that your treatment is complication free and that you are satisfied with the treatment outcome.
Who will perform my treatment?
- A registered nurse, thoroughly trained in the latest techniques of facial rejuvenation.
- Our nurse has many years of experience and is constantly updating her techniques in order to provide you with outstanding care and results.
- Please see our staff profiles for further information.
What results can be expected from the treatment?
- Results from wrinkle relaxers in Perth will vary amongst individuals due to individual muscle size and strength as well as the desired effect.
- Facial lines will soften although may not disappear depending on the depth of the crease. Repeated treatments at regular intervals will improve results.
- By softening facial lines and contours you may appear more refreshed and less tired. People often report following a treatment friends and family have commented on how well they look but have been unable to specify the exact change.
Will facial expression be affected?
- The treatment works specifically on the muscle being treated. This allows unwanted or undesirable facial movements to be softened while untreated muscles continue to allow normal facial movement and expression.
- Very subtle and natural looking results can be achieved with careful dosing and thorough consultation.
When can I see results and how long will they last?
- Results from wrinkle relaxers are not instant, they will evolve. Results to the upper face evolve within 14 days and can take longer to take effect in some areas of the lower face.
- For most people, the effect will last 3-4 months before lines slowly begin to return. If you have repeat treatments, the effect may last longer.
- Longevity of results may also be related to the dose that you have received and will be discussed at your consultation.
Are there any possible complications or side effects?
- Side effects from a treatment of wrinkle relaxers in Perth are uncommon and if experienced, temporary.
- Possible side effects include headaches, pain, bruising, redness or swelling at the injection site.
- Very rarely, local muscle weakness has been reported when treating the frown or forehead area, causing temporary drooping of the eyelid.
What is the cost of treatment?
- The cost of treatment will depend on the dose that you require to achieve your desired effect.
- You will be charged according to the amount of medication (number of units) that is used for your treatment.
- The required dose will vary according to the strength of the muscle being treated and this differs between individuals and facial areas.
Please contact us to book your free consultation for wrinkle relaxers in our Perth clinic. At your consultation with our dermal nurse you will be provided with an estimated cost of treatment once you have been examined and your desired treatment outcome has been discussed.