Dermal Fillers are also more commonly referred to as: Wrinkle Fillers, Facial Fillers, Lip Augmentation, Wrinkle Relaxers and Skin Rejuvenation.
Here at Rodin Clinic, we offer a range of dermal fillers in our Perth skin care clinic. Our team have created a list of FAQ’s (frequently asked questions) to help you decide whether dermal fillers are right for you. If you would like to book a skin consultation with our dermal nurse contact Rodin Clinic today.
What is dermal filler treatment?
Collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid are substances found naturally in the skin and give the skin its structure and volume. These substances decrease as we age and along with environmental factors such as sun exposure, smoking and stress our skin begins to show signs of ageing.
Our dermal fillers in Perth are given as a minimally invasive treatment to improve and diminish the depth of facial folds and wrinkles, and to gently restore structure and volume to the skin and lips.
What are dermal fillers made of and how do they work?
We use 3 different types of temporary dermal fillers in Perth; hyaluronic acid, poly-l-lactic acid or calcium based.
The choice of product will depend on your desired result and the type of skin being treated.
These dermal fillers have been studied for many years and clinical trials have shown that treatment is well tolerated.
1. Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
- Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring complex sugar already present within the tissues of our skin.
- Assists in skin hydration by attracting and holding water.
- Combines with collagen and elastin to help provide skin structure and elasticity.
- Treatment results are instant.
- Longevity of results will vary from 4-18 months depending on age, skin type, lifestyle, the area treated and which hyaluronic acid product is used for the treatment.
- A few brands are available.
2. Poly-L-Lactic Acid (PLA) Filler
- This dermal filler contains particles of PLA, which is a synthetic polymer of the alpha-hydroxy-acid family.
- The micro particles work by stimulating the build up of the body’s own collagen to smooth out lines and wrinkles and restore facial volume.
- The treatment improves the skin’s appearance by increasing it’s thickness in the treated areas.
- PLA presumably creates a tissue response over the course of weeks to months and therefore results are not instant. This response is characterised by a foreign body reaction and production of new collagen.
- Multiple treatments will be necessary to achieve results.
- Longevity of results will vary depending on age, skin type, lifestyle and the area treated. The effects may last for up to 2 years.
What can a dermal filler treat?
Our available dermal fillers in Perth can improve facial lines and folds as well as restore and improve facial contours.
While there is no such thing as the perfectly shaped face, we do know that better definition of the central triangle formed by the eyes and lips enhances the perception of beauty.
Treatment with a dermal filler in Perth can restore lost natural volume in the upper face (eg temples), midface (the cheeks) and the lower face (eg jaw). Our dermal filler treatment in Perth can also be used to accentuate natural features, such as high cheekbones.
Below are some areas that can be enhanced and rejuvenated;
Treatment can lift your eyebrows and open your eyes.
Temporal hollows can be filled out, giving you a fresher look.
- Under eye hollows/troughs
Gently filling this area can give you a softer less tired appearance.
Restore youthful cheekbones and glow.
- Sunken cheeks
Filling sunken/flat cheeks can give you a healthier less drawn look.
- Nasolabial fold
The folds between the nose and the corner of the mouth can be softened and lifted when cheeks are treated also.
Whether your lips are youthful or ageing, undergoing lip injections in Perth can softly enhance the lip contour, sharpen their definition and create sensuous fullness.
- Marionette lines
These can make you appear sad or worried. This perceived expression is significantly improved with treatment.
- Lower jaw line and jowls
A straighter and more defined jaw line helps to maintain a more youthful look and whilst jowls are not treated their appearance can be made less obvious.
Small bumps can be smoothed out with treatment and a more defined nasal profile obtained.
- Chin fold
The horizontal crease across the chin can be filled making the chin appear stronger.
A flat chin can make you appear less defined; treatment can sharpen your profile.
- Neck and Décolletage
While your face may radiate a youthful glow and good skin tone your neck and décolletage can be dry and crepey. Unique treatments are available to restore skin softness, hydration and luminosity.
- Back of hand
Vessels and bones become more visible with age. When this occurs volume restoration can assist.
To book your appointment for dermal fillers at our state-of-the-art skin clinic, contact Rodin Clinic today.
Before Cheek Contouring
After Cheek Countouring
Before Jawline Countouring
After Jawline Countouring
Before Lip Enhancement
After Lip Enhancement
Before Smoothing Lines and Wrinkles
After Smoothing Lines and Wrinkles
Before Smoothing Lines and Wrinkles
After Smoothing Lines and Wrinkles
Who is a candidate for treatment with a dermal filler in Perth?
Men and women whom wish to rejuvenate the appearance of any of the above. Enhance your overall facial appearance with lip fillers in Perth. Undergoing lip injections in Perth is a non-surgical alternative to enhance your natural features. Concerns regarding undergoing lip fillers in Perth or any other treatments involving dermal fillers can be discussed in your consultation.
Please note that your suitability for treatment will be assessed following a thorough consultation.
What does the treatment involve?
Pre treatment Consultation
A complimentary, non-obligatory consultation is provided by one of our trained practitioners. This consultation enables you to express your concerns freely and confidentially regarding any treatments including lip injections in Perth. Following an assessment and examination a tailored treatment plan will be provided and the most appropriate treatment for you will be discussed.
After the consultation, and if you are happy to proceed, you will need to sign a consent form before treatment can progress.
Discomfort is minimised by local anaesthetic creams, local aneastheic injections as well as the application of ice. Many dermal fillers in Perth have local aneasthetic incorporated in the product to further aid discomfort.
There are several treatment techniques that may be utilised. The dermal filler may be in injected under the skin using very fine needles or a blunt instrument may be used.
With each and every treatment your practitioner will endeavor to keep injection sites (needle pricks to the skin) to an absolute minimal which will in turn result in less trauma, swelling and bruising.
The treatment may take 30 – 45 minutes depending on the area being treated.
Most people resume their daily routine immediately after treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Do not expose the area to intense heat (eg solarium or sauna)
- To assist with any bruising you may wish to apply a topical treatment such as arnica or hirudoid cream.
- You may apply a cool compress for 10 mins every hour on the day of treatment (do not apply ice directly to your skin) to assist with any swelling.
- Avoid the use of skin care containing active ingredients such as retinol vitamin c, glycolic acid, lactic acid, perfumes and colours during the first 24 hours.
- Avoid applying oil based make up during the first 24 hours, mineral make up is fine.
- Avoid facials, waxing, chemical peels, IPL or energy based treatments and microdermabrasion for two weeks after treatment.
- Avoid pressure on the treated area for the first few nights, especially if your cheeks have been treated.
- Pain relief such as paracetomol may be taken if the treated area is tender.
- Do not massage the treated area unless specifically instructed to do so by your practitioner
- There is a small chance that a treatment may induce an outbreak of coldsores in patients with a previous history.
Follow Up Appointment
You will be requested to return to the clinic approximately 2 weeks following your treatment.
This is an important part of the treatment process as your practitioner will ensure that your treatment is complication free and that you are satisfied with the treatment outcome.
Who will perform my treatment?
A registered nurse, thoroughly trained in the latest techniques of facial rejuvenation. At the Rodin Clinic we pride ourselves on education, professionalism and patient satisfaction. Our nurses have several years of experience and are constantly updating their techniques in order to provide you with outstanding care and results.
Please see our staff profiles for further information.
What results can be expected from the treatment?
Facial lines will soften although may not disappear depending on the depth of the crease. Repeated treatments at regular intervals will improve results.
By softening facial lines and recreating facial contours you may appear more refreshed and less tired. People often report following a treatment friends and family have commented on how well they look but have been unable to specify the exact change.
When can I see results and how long will they last?
Results are immediate if a hyaluronic acid or calcium based dermal filler has been used and longevity of results will vary from 4-18 months depending on the area treated and which hyaluronic acid product is used for the treatment.
If a poly-l-lactic acid dermal filler has been used then treatment results will evolve and appear approximately 6 weeks after the second treatment. Some effects are noticeable after the first treatment; however these are mainly due to the water that the product is mixed with. The effects may last for up to 2 years.
Longevity of results regardless of which dermal filler product is used will vary depending on age, skin type, lifestyle and the area treated.
Are there any possible complications or side effects?
Side effects are generally injection site related such as slight redness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, skin discolouration, pain and tenderness.
The reactions are generally mild to moderate and usually disappear shortly after injection. They typically resolve themselves within a few days, but for some treatments they may last longer.
What is the cost of treatment?
The cost of treatment will depend on the type of dermal filler that is utilised and the amount that you require to achieve your desired effect. The type of dermal filler and the required dose will vary according to the area being treated and this differs between individuals and facial areas.
Please contact us to make an appointment to see our registered nurse for a free consultation. At your consultation you will be provided with an estimated cost of treatment once you have been examined and your desired treatment outcome has been discussed.
Contact Rodin Clinic to book a consultation today.